Sunday, July 8, 2012

God's Grace

I am again reminded of God's grace in my everyday normal and healthy life.  It is truly a blessing to have 10 fingers and 10 toes and to have a baby....a baby with 10 fingers and 10 toes.

I've never been a fan of fireworks, growing up my parents never bought them, so I never really grew a fascination for them.  We'd go to see fireworks someplace, like old town, my mom's office or a friends boat, or out to one of the dc bridges on the 4th of July and that was about it.  To this day, I'd probably have to be dragged downtown to see the fireworks on the mall. 

For some reason, I've always known that fireworks are extremely dangerous and being frugalicious from a young age, I also always saw them as a waste of money.  I feel the same way about fireworks as I do about gambling; if you have the money to use towards either of those two things, donate the money to someone who has nothing instead.   In fact when Paul, who unfortunately does not share in my disgust for fireworks in the home came home with a decent amount of "clearance fireworks" (I swear some sales send you into the poor house), I promptly told me to please donate the exact same amount of money he just spent on fireworks to Ben's recovery.

The tragic fireworks accident that left my friend's two year old nephew Ben in a medically induced coma on July 3, 2012 just reaffirms my complete disgust for fireworks in the home.  This tragedy, also reminds me to be thankful for the healthy life my family and I have been graciously given.  For every time I step into a car and don't get into an accident, for just every breathe I have, I know it is a gift.  I don't understand why freak accidents like this happen, but just like with the tragic passing of my friend Anna's son Jack,  I see God working in the aftermath to bring communities together to surround the family with the prayers, love and support they need. 

If you could please pray for the Pappathan family, for Ben's recovery and strength for his parents, I would appreciate it.  If you would like to donate to help cover some of the medical cost not covered by insurance, a website has been set up http://www.giveforward.com/friendsofben

0 comments:

Post a Comment