Friday, October 1, 2010

You can stand under my UMBRELLA!

So, this is a frugalicious steal I couldn't wait to share and brag about.  Last year Paul and I upgraded our original craigslist patio set with a beautiful iron set we bought with the proceeds of the sale of our old table (I made a profit on my original purchase, classic Mimi sytle).

Our old umbrella looked awesome with our smaller table and chair set.  But once we went from the 40" square wood table (link isn't the exact table, but its close) to the long iron rectangular table our nice big umbrella began to look quite small in comparision.  Over the past four years it has also faded and started to tilt quite a bit.








Our neighbors have had some blowing in the wind umbrella horror stories, but yet my faithful green 6ft clearance pottery barn umbrella never failed me.  I'm sad to put it to rest (I might sell it for $20 on craigslist), but I'm super excited to introduce our new upgrade.  A 9ft cherry red cheasapeake collection PB umbrella


I waited and waited for this umbrella to go on sale.  Last year I missed out, but this year I was determined and so I stalked the stores.  You see Pottery Barn puts it stuff on super sale and if anything is left they keep it in the inventory at full price to be put out the following spring. 

I left work a little early on Friday and stopped in at the mall to switch out my stupid phone (Droid Eris...3rd time better be the charm), so since I was already at the mall, I decided to hit up PB, I did happen to have one of their fabulous $25 off of $50 coupons afterall.  Unfortunately, all they had left for umbrellas was this floral pattern Paul would have killed me if I had bought, so I had the clerk check to see what other local stores still had some.  Reston had a few, so on Saturday I gave them a call in hopes they would have the color I wanted.  Fortunately they did and since I work in Reston on Tuesdays I had them put it away for me to pick up during lunch.  I was so happy because I think I hit the sale the week or so before the umbrella would go back to full price.  I was able to get my $150 umbrella for a BIG $25!  Yup, $25 buckaroos for a HUGE massive awesome umbrella.  When Humera my homegirl coworker and I went to pick up the umbrella, the manager rang it up and was like WOW that's an awesome price.  I wish I could show you her face when I gave her my coupon!  Humera and I were cracking up the whole way back to work.  When I asked her if it was sad a few hours later that I was thinking about an umbrella she was like no dude that is what I was just thinking about!  MAUH HAHAHA

Unforutnately my pretty new cherry red umbrella will reside in our garage until next spring.  At least I will have something to look forward to if DC gets hit by another 40 ft of snow.

So, who would like to be the first to join me under my new Umbrella?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment