Friday, April 29, 2011

Frugaliciously fun Superbowl!

We had an awesome low key Superbowl with our favorite friends.  It was a great start to 2011 and a final farewell to football for a while! 

We made lots of yummy food including the wings.  It is so much cheaper to make your own wings then buy them.  They taste better because they are hot fresh out of your own oven and you can make as many flavors as you like.

Here was the lineup with recipes (all tried for the first time for the big game) and some pictures:
  • Baked Buffalo Wings and celery/carrots (we also made another wing batch with the same recipe, omitting the franks hot sauce and switching it with very teriyaki sauce.  
    • For about 50 wings we spent $10-12
  • Blue Cheese Dip with some special kettle cooked chips on sale for Superbowl at whole foods
  • Oreo Truffle Footballs  These were AMAZING.  Can't rave enough about this recipe 

































Did you see my fabulous big white bowl ($15)?  I got it during my last homegoods run along with so many other cute things which includs my new favorite vase ($12) filled with whole foods tulips (2 for $12) for the first time since spring 2010!

When I went crazy in homegoods, God must have known I wouldn't be shopping for another 3 months.  A few days before superbowl, Paul and I found out we were pregnant.  So, my four month hiatus from blogging and shopping was caused by super fatigue, nausea and vomiting induced by our little pumpkin due 10.15.11 having taken over my body.  Not to fear though, I think I am finally starting to feel like myself again.  I will be blogging about lots of fun new purchases!

0 comments:

Post a Comment