Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Welcome to the world Alexis Rita. Lexi's Birth Announcments

I love getting beautiful cards in the mail.  There is something about holding that thick card stock with vibrant colors that makes me so happy.  I always have fun designing our cards.  Whether it be Sammy's birthday cards, our Christmas cards or something truly special, the announcement of our new baby girl! 

I knew I wanted to order from Tiny prints.  I think they have the best designs and affordable prices when using a coupon for the quality and customer service.  Since I had blogged for tiny prints in the past, I reached out to them and asked if I could blog about our birth announcements in exchange for Lexi's announcements.  They agreed which I think is totally awesome, especially considering my blog is about the opposite of famous.

When I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to choose the favorite cards from their site and put them aside so that when I gave birth all I had to do was put in Lexi's pictures and her birth stats and add them to my cart.  Tiny Prints has so many choices that I end up spending too much time being indecisive.  I knew if I didn't make my decision before Lexi came it was going to take too long to do it with caring for a newborn and a 2 year old and a husband on paternity leave.

So many choices, but these are the few I narrowed it down to.  Once Lexi's newborn pictures came in from the very talented Wishbox Photography, I ended up adding the pictures I wanted and seeing which card looked best with my favorite pictures.  In the end, it wasn't the card I would have chosen with the stock images which was surprising.  I think adding your own pictures to several of the cards you like is a good tip.  So often it's the image on the card that you like and not the actually design of the card.  For me I also was able to narrow down the selection by eliminating cards with only one image.  I'm way to indecisive and eclectic to go with just one image!



While shopping for birth announcements, I also ordered these cute Halloween cards to use as birthday cards for Sammy's pumpkin patch second birthday party.  One thing I especially like about the tiny print cards we've ordered is I can add text and images to the back.  It worked out great for Sammy's birthday invitations.  I think adding a picture to a birthday invitation is also a great way for friends and family to see your child at their current age.  Sorta like a school picture or valentine you share.



I've already taken a peak at what they have for Christmas cards this year.  I'm excited to chose our pictures and a card and have our friends and family receive some pretty mail.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment