Friday, July 29, 2011

Nursery Ideas and a Sneak Peak !!

For so long I have wanted to decorate a nursery.  I am so excited that now is finally our time to do this, that in two months we will have a beautiful baby boy to bring home and love.  I know there will be many beautiful moments in this room.  Hopefully there will also be A LOT of sleeping, especially in the middle of the night going on in there too.

Ever since Paul and I went to OBX for our 4th anniversary and saw this picture of a chocolate lab playing in the surf, I knew I would do a beach and Bailey nursery. 

I love a blue, orange and white color theme and knew it would be perfect in a boy or girl nursery.  I really loved this serena and lily bedding but with a $400 price tag that wasn't going to happen.  I tried to comission my Mom into making our bedding and while she agreed, I had doubts that she would actually get to this to me in time. 





Unfortunately I had to scrap my desire for blue, orange and white bedding and settled with a cute whale set from pottery barn kids.  I had a $100 gift certificate from christmas so I only had to pay about $40 for the 100% organic set after they gave me 10% off for completing an item from my registry.


I highly recommend getting your bedding from PBK when you are in the market.  Customer service is worth the extra $10 you might spend.  I looked everywhere for close to a month and couldn't find anything comporable in price, cuteness or quality.  Even at babies r us, buy buy baby, target and amazon a bedding set will set you back $150 and the quality and service is just not the same for the exact same price.

On our 5th anniversary trip to Cape May NJ, we saw the Bailey picture again in an art gallery.  This time we purchased it and had it framed in anticipation of starting to try for a baby once Paul was done with school.  We spent about $120 for the picture and frame.  For about two years the picture was hanging above our awesome craigslist desk in what was the office now nursery.  Now it is hanging above a beautiful changing table my sister bought for us off our amazon registry.



The duatilier glider/ottoman and pottery barn bassinet on the left were passed down from my best friend's brother in law (thanks Laura and Rob), the pillow also came from our cape may trip as did the two pictures with beach dogs to the right of the glider, the changing pad and cover I purchased for $5 (came with three covers) from a yardsale last year.  The lampshade I purchased earlier for the office is from pottery barn and was $20.  Unfortunately I had wanted to use the lamp we already owned with a small table but based on the lack of space we had to purchase the tall lamp from Walmart for $50.

That is it for now, once we get a few more items up, I'll show off some more of the nursery :)  Enjoy

0 comments:

Post a Comment